Failed to Write File to Disk Error in WordPress
WordPress provides a smooth experience while using but occasionally several of technical issues can waste your time. Lots of users reported a problem on the WordPress forum when they trying to upload images on their site. The error states “Upload: Failed to Write File to Disk”. Are you one among those and don’t have any idea about that? Then read this article and go through the below instructions to fix this problem. You can also contact WordPress technical support from the professionals to get relevant solutions.
Failed to write to disc error occur:-
- Incorrect file/folder permissions
- Exceeding quota limit of web hosting provider
- Overflow of the temporary folder
Steps to fix Upload Failed to Write to Disc:
- First of all, connect your WordPress site using an FTP client like Filezilla.
- After connecting, right click on the wp-content folder and then choose File Permissions.
- Now a file permissions dialog box will appear that shows file permissions for Owner, Group, and Public.
- Now enter 755 into the Numeric value box.
- After that checked the box Rescue into subdirectories and then choose the option Apply to directories only.
- Click on the OK.
- Now FTP client set folder permissions to 755 and then apply it to all subfolders inside wp-content, where all the uploads folders of images are stored.
Now ensure that file permissions for individual files in your wp-content folder are correct.
- After that, right click on the wp-content folder and choose File Permissions.
- Now change the permissions for files. For this enter 644 into Numeric value box and checked the box Rescue into subdirectories.
- Click on the option Apply to files only.
- Now click on the OK to complete the procedure.
- Now go to your WordPress site and try to uploading files.
If you are still facing any technical error after applying the above-given instructions, then you must need to dial WordPress toll-free number, where you can get best in class solutions from the technical experts to fix this problem.