Roku Media Player For Playing The Music, Videos And Photos
Roku Media Player has been referred as the channel that would be available for downloading by using the Roku Channel Store. It could be installed in advance on certain Roku streaming devices. It even allows you to watch the personal video files and even help in listening to the music files. You could even view your photos by the help of Roku device’s USB port or by accessing a media server on local network available.
Steps to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music, and photos
Play content stored on a USB drive:
There are some Roku devices which involve USB port by the help of which one can connect an external USB drive.It would be used for the purpose of playing locally stored photo, audio along with the video files. There is a facility to connect more than one USB drive on your Roku device by connecting them to a USB hub.
Even, there is a facility to use the comparison chart of the device to know that which products include a USB port.
There is even possible that the hard drives may be formatted with different file systems.It is a possibility that Roku Media Player supports drives which have been formatted with the FAT16, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3 along with HFS+ file systems.There is an even possibility to access different partitions on your USB drive.
The user is required to put USB device into the USB port on the Roku device.In case, when Roku Media Player will not be installed, individual will be asked to install it by using the Roku Channel Store.In case, you are already in the Roku Media Player device selection screen, individual will be able to see USB icon
Play the content on the local area network:
Digital Living Network Alliance which is also known by the name of DLNA, it is a standard technology which is helpful in sharing of content between devices connected to a network.For playing the content stored on another device or computer on the Roku device using DLNA, another device should be running DLNA server software and should be on the same network as the Roku device.There are some routers and digital network attached storage has a built-in DLNA server.
The media player of Roku has been tested to work with the following DLNA servers:
- Windows Media Player/Center
How is it possible to play music or video using Roku Media Player?
- It is first required to choose the media type from the Media Type Selection
- Choose the device which would have the content you wish to play.
- Also, there is need to navigate through your folders to search for that contact that user wishes to play.There are conditions when the desired file will be in an unsupported file format, it will not be displayed after that
- After you will find the content that you wish to play, tap the option of Select/OK or Play.
- During playing, there is a possibility to pause, forward and even skip back through using the Play, Pause, Forward with the combination of Rewind buttons on your Roku remote control.
- For stopping the playback, tap the “Back” button
Look at the tips:
- For playing all types of videos/music in a folder as a playlist, tap the option of “Play” on the folder.
- There are even options for playback and browsing which could be accessed by tapping “star” on your remote.
The easiest way for transforming videos to play with Roku Media Player:
There are certain Digital Living Network Alliance servers which are like Plex and Serviio, would automatically transform the video to a format which will be supported by the Roku device. In case, you have DLNA server that will not be helpful in transcoding, or for the conditions when you are playing directly from a USB drive, it is required for you to convert the files first. For that, there are a number of applications available for converting videos.There is need to follow the given link like encoding settings for Handbrake, it is the popular video conversion applications.
You may provide your own poster artwork for videos on a USB drive
An individual may add their own artwork for a video by the help of creating a JPG or PNG file with the same name of the video, and through copying it to the same folder as like video on the USB drive.
Assistance for the movie subtitles
The media player of Roku is helpful in getting the embedded subtitles in .mkv files. For choosing a subtitle track, use the “Star” button while the video is playing. It would automatically include subtitle tracks found in.SRT files.
Get assistance for the playlists
The media player of Roku supports .m3u and .m3u8 playlists on a USB drive.Media is the playlist must have an extension which will indicate the media type like .mp3, .mkv including .jpg, etc. Playlist entries can also point to a URL.
Make change in the number of posters in row
- It is first required to go for Select Media device
- Tap the “Star” option on the Help poster to look up a list of options.
- Now, it is required to go for “Display format row”
- Individual should now select the “Ok” button
- Select the button of “Star” to dismiss the Options screen.
Deactivate album artwork lookup when accessing mp3 files on a USB drive
- It is now required to go to the “Select Media device”
- Tap the “Star” on the Help poster to bring up a list of options.
- It is time to go for the Lookup album art on Web
- Select the “Ok” button which will toggle it on and off
- User the “Star” button to dismiss the Options screen.
Deactivate the Media Type selection screen at startup
- It is first required to go for Select Media device
- Tap the “Star” option on the Help poster to bring up a list of options.
- It is now required to go for Request media type at startup
- Now, there is need to tap “Ok” button that will toggle it on and off
- However, there is need to press “Star” button to dismiss the Options screen.