Does Your Website Really Need an SSL Certificate?
If you are running a website, then you have most likely heard the words “SSL certificate”. This term becomes very necessary when you run an online business website, where all your customers put their private details online. In such conditions, you must have needed to use a relevant security measures given by the SSL.
Do you have any idea about the SSL, its functionality, and needs? If your answer is no, then read this article very carefully and learn about all terms that better defines the SSL.
SSL secures online connections and protects sensitive data.
Choose the Right SSL
Not sure which SSL certificate you need? Below to find the certificate that best meets your site security needs.
- Standard SSL---Buy And Renew---As low as $157
- Extended Validation---Buy And Renew---As low as $234
- Multi-Domain SSL---Buy And Renew---As low as $269
- Wildcard SSL---Buy And Renew---As low as $535
Setting up SSL Certificate on your website
- Host with a dedicated IP address
- Buy a certificate
- Activate the certificate
- Install the certificate
- Update your site to use HTTPS
Establish trust and online security for your website visitors and business.
What is an SSL Certificate?
- SSL is one of the best ways to establish encryption link between a server and a customer or you can also say an encryption between a web server and a web browser. SSL certificate permits personal information such as credit card numbers, bank account details or social media credentials to be sent out very securely. The main purpose of SSL certificate is to make secure sitting with the user’s web browser through the SSL protocol.
- Security is one of the most important things on the internet. An SSL certificate ensures your customers that their information is going to a correct way and safe from any kind of hack. Any website that proves its security will attract more visitors to their site. And it is important whether you are running a website for a membership service, online shopping, a social media or more.
- Visitors smoothly recognize your website’s security through your website address that starts “https://…” that means your site is safe to access and SSL is enabled on it.
- In short, SSL certificate is used to protect every sensitive detail transmitted between the servers and computers.
How Does an SSL Certificate Work?
SSL works between a customer’s web browser and your site. It’s a kind of process that makes sure the encryption of data processing, and no unauthorized activity can detect the information and hack it. SSL certificate also stops cybercriminals to divert visitor traffic to their own site with the help of their own encryption.
Nowadays, mostly browser comes with SSL capabilities that provide protection to your website in two ways:
Sharing your personal or financial details online can be scary for you. And every customer thinks lots of time while entering that. A wide range of sites such as Amazon, Flipkart, and more use SSL protocol, and customer feel safe to use them without any scare. Enable an SSL certificate to make your customer worry to share their any kind of personal data and the reason behind it is SSL.
Verify the Site’s Owner Identity:
The identity of your site is one of the most important things that allow users to access. An SSL certificate verifies the owner of a website and also generates a layer of trust and truth. Earlier than the SSL certificate will be issued to identify the website owner; it has to be verified via various procedures. After getting an SSL certificate, you can easily put it on your website and then identify yourself to customers.
Do I Need an SSL Certificate for My Site?
- Every customer wants to keep their personal information safe whenever they visit any website and an SSL certificate will help to generate your user’s trust and confidence.
- If a green lock bar available on your browser, then it offers the surety of your website’s security that gain more traffic on your website rather than an unsecured SSL certified website.
- Suppose your website exchanging any personal details, then you must have to enable SSL certificate on your website. Because it will save your customer’s personal details safe and confuse the unknown activities to hack.
- Enable SSL certificate also increase the ranking of your website on Google rather than an unsecured website, and every customer trust on a highly rated site that ranked by the Google.
What are the benefits of SSL certificate for my site?
There is a long list of benefits can be taken after putting the SSL certificate to your website. But in some of them given below:
- Protects your visitor information safe from the hackers.
- Make the secure and safe connection between a browser and a server that customer visits.
- Traffic increased on your website when your website will be safe. And it creates trust and credibility between your website and your customers.
- Your website will be higher in searches because Google ranks secured website as compared to unsecured websites.
So, if you are running an online business site and exchanging various sensitive details with your customers, Then SSL certificate is one of the most important tasks that you really need to do for getting a layer of trust and security.