How to Reset a Windows 8 Password
Windows 8 is used as personal computer operating system which is launched by Microsoft. It is a part of the NT family.It is preceded by Windows 7 and succeeded by Windows 8.1 which is the latest version of this operating system.It has been introduced to many changes in the operating system.The basic source of this operating system are closed source and shared source.This operating system is also supported in Android and mobile based platform.
Important: The Windows 8 password reset trick below only works if a user using a local account.
Steps to Reset a Windows 8 Password
Here are some steps are given below to reset a Windows 8 password.You need to follow given below steps:
- You may use the Access advanced startup option.(SHIFT + Restart).This option will help you to repair the windows 8.
- Steps to open Access advanced startup option.
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on the Update & security icon,
4. Choose Recovery
5. Locate Advanced startup,
6. Click on Restart now.
7. Wait through the Please wait for a message until Advanced Startup Options opens.
- Here you will have to click on the Troubleshoot option then select the Advanced options.
- After that, you will have to click on the command prompt.
- When command prompt will be open then you need to type the following command such as copy c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\
- You need to press the enter.You should see a 1 file(s) copied confirmation
- You will again have to enter the command in command prompt.
- You need to type Y or yes to questions the overwrite of the utilman.exe command.
- If there is any flash drive available then you need to remove this drive or disc, now you are required to restart the computer.
- When you will see the windows 8 login screen then you need to click on the Ease of access icon.
- You will see the net user command, you need to execute this command.
- Thereafter, you are required to replace my username with your username.
- You will have to replace my new password with the password.
- If you see a message that username could not be found then you will have to execute net user to see the list of windows 8.
- You will have to again try for the valid username.
- If you get system error 8646 then it means the system is not authoritative for the specified account.
- After That, you will have to close the command prompt.
- Now you need to log in with a new password which you have already stepped in the above steps.
- Now you may use Windows 8 as your password has been reset for windows 8.
- You will have to switch your local account from the Microsoft account.
- You will have to restart your computer then again start it.
To know more about this operating system, you need to take help from Microsoft support team by calling on support number.They will provide you best support to fix all the issue.