no internet access but connected
If not, you should try restarting the wireless router along with your cable modem or ISP router, if you have one. First, connect your computer to the router using a Ethernet cable and see if you can connect to the Internet. If so, that means there is something wrong with just your wireless network connection.
What does it mean when it says connected no Internet?
Problems connecting to wifi - connected but no internet access. If you are connected, but don't have inrternet access it usually means either you didn't get an IP address from the wifi access point or router etc. It means that either they don't want you accessing the internet or your machine is not configured correctly.
Can WiFi be connected but no Internet access?
WiFi connected but no Internet: Start with the router. If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn't work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself.
How do I fix no Internet connection?
- Right-click Start and open Control Panel.
- Open Network and Internet.
- Click Internet Options.
- In the Connections tab, click LAN Settings at the bottom.
- Uncheck the 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' box.
- Check the 'Automatically detect settings' box.
Why does my wireless connection keep dropping?
How do I fix my lost Internet connection?
- Restart your computer.
- Ensure that your laptop's wireless adapter is enabled.
- Restart your Internet modem and router.
- Perform a soft reset on your network.
- Perform a hard reset on your network.
- Move closer to the router.
- Make sure that you have a clear line-of-sight between you and the router.
- Try using Ethernet.