Install SSL Certificate
A DETAILED GUIDE FOR THE SSL CERTIFICATE AND ITS INSTALLATION
SSL certificates are playing a vital role in today's era when the security of the content is the prime focus of every communication over the internet. So SSL certificates basically define how various websites, as well as the services, earn that validation so that they could encrypt the data that is being sent to them and the clients.
For SSL Installation Dial +1-888-625-3905
But in order to search anything in a secured manner you, first of all, have to install the SSL certificate and that could be done in multiple ways. Like you can choose whether you want to install the certificate using apache or be using IIS or using exchange etc. Every process is different from others so you need to have the complete knowledge of the steps involved.
METHOD 1-INSTALL SSL USING APACHE
So just in case you are installing SSL with the help of Apache then you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- You have to, first of all, generate a CSR before the process of purchasing and installing the SSL.
- And for that you have to start the OpenSSL utility followed by creating the key pair and that you can do with the help of the command line.
- Once you do that then you have to create a simple paraphrase and then it is the time to start the CSR generation process.
- As you type the required command, you will be asked to enter some required information.
- Like you have to enter the two-digit country code as well as the state and province, city name etc.
- Followed by entering the full company name, section name, and common name.
- After doing so you will be required to create the CSR file by using the command line.
- Then you just need to order your SSL certificate from any of the organization offering this service.
- Once you have done that then you just need to upload the CSR file to the certificate service during the ordering.
- After that just download, it and then upload to the servers followed by restarting the server and then checking the certificate and you are done.
METHOD 2-INSTALL USING IIS
Now just think of a case where you want to install the certificate by some other method, for that you have to follow entirely different steps such as:-
- The first step is same that is you have to generate the CSR and that could be done by visiting the server manager.
- Followed by clicking on the tools option and then selecting the simple internet information services IIS MANAGER.
- Once you have done that then you just have to select the workstation that you wish to install the certificate.
- Followed by opening the server certificates tool and then clicking on the create certificate request link that appears in the upper right corner.
- After that, you just need to fill in the information in the request certificate wizard.
- Followed by entering the code of the country as well as the state and city name and the full company name.
- After that, you have to leave the cryptographic service provider to the default mode.
- Then you have to set the bit length to 2048 followed by naming the certificate request file.
- After that, you have to simply order the SSL certificate in order to upload the CSR file to the certificate service the moment you order it.
- And then you have to simply download the certificates and then it is the time to open the server certificates tool in IIS again.
- Once you have done that then it is the time to browse the certificate file followed by binding it to your site.
- And then you have to install the intermediate certificate followed by restarting the IIS and you are done with the process.
METHOD 3-INSTALL USING EXCHANGE
- Here also before installing and purchasing the SSL certificate, you have to generate a CSR file and that is a completely different process here.
- Like you need to go to the management console, opening the program and then clicking on the management database links.
- Once the program loads then you just have to click on the server configuration followed by entering the information about the organization.
- As you do so then it is the time to order your SSL certificate followed by uploading the CSR while purchasing it.
- Then you simply have to download it and then open the server configuration followed by enabling the certificate.
So this was the simple process that you have to follow for installing the SSL certificate by using an exchange. There are other ways also like installing it using C-Panel.
METHOD 4- INSTALLING USING CPANEL
Here also the first step will be the same the is generating the CSR which have some different steps.
- Once the CSR file is uploaded and you have purchased the SSL certificate then you simply have to download the certificate from the mail or the company will send you that certificate.
- After that, you just have to open the SSL manager menu in the C-Panel account. And then install the SSL certificate link.
- As you do so then it is the time to test your certificate.
Once the SSL is installed then you have to check the certificate for sure from different browsers and have to make sure that the certificate is working properly on all the browsers. So the installation of the SSL certificate is not that tough process if you do it properly. Depending on the medium you use to install it the step varies and hence you need to have the complete knowledge of the whole process. Else you will not be able to follow it and will for sure get into a number of issues. But no need to worry since this article provides you the detailed steps to do so.