How to Reset a Kindle
Get to know how may you reset Kindle!
Kindle is an online device for reading books.But it is not free from error.When you use kindle then sometimes it becomes unresponsive.If it is not working in a proper way then you are required to fix by trying a reset.There are so many methods for reset a password issue such as soft reset and hard reset.
Kindle Quick Troubleshooting
- Kindle Frozen/unresponsive screen:- Perform a soft reset
- Kindle is laggy or sluggish: -Perform a soft reset
- Computer not recognizing Kindle:- Perform a factory reset
- Kindle continues to malfunction after restarting:- Perform a factory reset
- Kindle cannot connect to wireless networks:- Perform a factory reset
- Kindle freezes during reboot:- Charge Kindle completely then soft reset
Preparing to Reset Your Kindle:
Here are some steps are given below to fix this issue.You need to follow given below steps:
- First of all, you need to try a simple restart before start: If you see that screen of Kindle is not working, a button is not working then you need to turn off your Kindle device Wait for some time then you are required to turn on the device.You will have to charge your Kindle.
- You will have to choose either a soft or hard reset: If you perform soft reset then it will not erase any secure password or delete any digital books.It will run your Kindle faster.
1.If you perform a hard reset then your data will be deleted and all the settings will be restored.
2.If you have already performed soft reset then you need to give some time to perform a hard reset.
- You go through the various websites, where you will get so many offers.
- If your Kindle device has been fall into the water then you need to hand your kindle off to a professional.
- If your Kindle is in warranty period then no need to pay any extra charge, if it is outside the warranty period then you may use some discounted price offer.
- You will have to charge up your Kindle.
- You are required to create backup any crucial password and files.For this, you may download your content which is linked to your account.You may backup your Kindle by attaching it to a laptop through USB cord.
Performing a Soft Reset of Your Kindle
- First of all, you are required to turn off the power of the Kindle device.After That, you need to open the back cover and remove the battery.
- You will have to wait for one minute then you put the battery back in place.
- Therefore you will have to put the back cover back and turn off the Kindle.
- If you want to get out the battery of the Kindle then you need to use your fingernails or small pointy object.You are required, not to use scissors or knife which may be damage your battery.
- You need to ensure that if you put the back cover back then t locks into the palace.
- If you are using Second generation Kindle then you need to follow these steps:
1.First, try to hold the power switch, doing this, your device will ask to reboot, instead of shutting down.
2.When you will release the power switch then reboot screen will appear.
- You need to wait for some time when Kindle is on booting process.You need to keep patience and give your device ample to finish.Once rebooting will be done then it will be automatically turned back on.If it does not on then you need to switch off the power button and turn on the power button.
- After that, you will have to charge your Kindle.If the device does not perform well after rebooting then plug the charger in and allow your Kindle to charge more than 30 minutes.
- Thereafter You will have to hold the power switch down again.
- Finally, you need to check the functions of your device.You need to continue to play around and experiment with your device until it is working good, if it is not working well then you need to repeat the previous steps.
Resetting Your Kindle to Factory Default :
- You are required to turn on your kindle first generation back to factory reset.For this, you will have to switch on the power then open the back cover with a small object, now click on the rest button.Press the button for 30 seconds by using the pen or sharpen object Until your kindle turns off.
- If you are using the second generation then hold the power button for 30 seconds then press the home button.When kindle screen flashes then you need to stop.After That, you will have to wait until the Kindle starts booting itself.
- You need to take your Kindle keyboard to factory default: You need to hold the power button for 15-30 seconds then reboot kindle device.This will restore the kindle back to the original settings.
Restore your Kindle DX
First press the power button for at least 20 seconds.
The Kindle should shut down, and turn black.
Then wait until the Kindle reboots itself.
If this does not work, do it again.
Troubleshoot your Kindle Touch.
First, click on the "Home" button.
Clicking on "Menu" on the screen.
Now you should click on "Settings."
Then click on "Menu" again, and click on "Reset to Factory Settings."
Then all you have to do is wait until your Kindle reboots
Restart and restore your Kindle 5-Way Controller.
It includes both Fourth and Fifth Generation Kindle.
Now Navigate your Kindle to the "Menu" page.
Choose "Settings," then "Menu" again.
You will finally click "Restore to Factory Settings."
Wait until your Kindle reboots itself.
Reset your Kindle Paperwhite.
First, you will want to tap "Menu" on the home screen.
A screen will pop-up, in which you will click "Settings."
Now click "Settings," go back to "Menu," scroll down the new screen, and click on "Reset Device."
Then a warning screen will pop up, allowing you to back out of resetting your Kindle.
Now click "Yes" you will reset your Kindle back to factory settings.
Clear up your Kindle Fire, and Fire HD.
Slide down the top menu and click "More..."
Now click on "Settings"
Then you see "Device;" click on it.
Finally, you will click on "Restore to Factory Settings."
Now just wait until your Kindle restarts.
If this does not work, you can always try it again.
Make sure your battery is charged before you try again.
Some FAQ searched for Kindle Users:-
- How do I find out what kind of Kindle I have?
- How do you restore a Kindle to factory settings?
- How do you get your Kindle to unfreeze?
- How do you reset a Kindle Paperwhite?
- How do I fix my Kindle that's frozen?
- How many years does a Kindle Paperwhite last?
- How do you replace the battery in a Kindle?
- How long does it take to charge a Kindle that is completely dead?
- What do you do if your Kindle won t charge?
- How do you fix a Kindle that won't turn on?
- Why will Kindle Fire not turn on?
- Why does my kindle not turn on?
- What do you do when your Kindle freezes up?
- Why did my Kindle screen go black?
- How do I get my Kindle to stop talking to me?
- How do I change my Kindle to a black background?