How do I find the password for my Canon printer?
Administrator Password. Depending on the printer you are using, an administrator password is specified at the time of purchase. The password is either 'canon' or the printer serial number if it is specified. At the time of purchase, the user name 'ADMIN' is also specified for the models above.
- Display printer status on web browser.
- Select Security.
- Select Administrator password setting.
- Select Change administrator password.
- Select a range where the administrator password is valid, and then select OK.
What is the passphrase on Canon printer?
A passphrase is a combination of letters, numbers, spaces and punctuations used as a security key for network connections. A Canon printer with a wireless feature like Canon MX492 usually requires a passphrase to connect and set up a protected network or wi-fi access.
How do I find the model number of my Canon printer?
The serial number will always be printed on a sticker and can be found either on the back of the machine or for some models inside the machine. The serial number for your SELPHY printer will be 10 digits long and consist only of numbers e.g.0123456789.
How do I change the WIFI password on my Canon printer?
- Make sure printer is turned on.
- Select Setup on the HOME screen. Using the Operation Panel.
- Select Settings.
- Select Device settings.
- Select LAN settings.
- Select Wireless Direct.
- Select a setting item. To update the identifier (SSID) and the password for Wireless Direct.
- Press HOME button.
How do I put a password on my printer?
- Press the [User Tools] key.
- Press [Printer Features].
- Press [Administrator Configuration].
- Press [Printer Settings].
- If the screen for entering password appears, enter the password for printer settings, and then press [OK].
- Press [Password for Printer Settings].
- Enter the new password, and then press [OK].