Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Specs
Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL: Specs, pricing, and everything else!
- Pixel 2 was made by HTC and the Pixel 2 XL by LG — they're that similar.
- Both phones have Snapdragon 835s, 4GB of RAM and between 64GB and 128GB storage standard, along with single rear 12MP cameras — this year with OIS.
- They're waterproof (yay!) but don't have headphone jacks (boo!).
- There'so no wireless charging, but the sides can be squeezed to activate Google Assistant.
- And though it ships with Android 8.0, not 8.1, there's a lot new here — including an embedded eSIM to connect to Project Fi even without a SIM card.
Which color should you buy?
- Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will be available in 3 color options and 2 color options
- The kinda Blue model will only be on the smaller Pixel 2, but the Pixel 2 XL gets the "chocolate-dipped" Black and White, which we're excited about.
- About that orange power button.
Pixel 2 is water resistant
- First Pixel that's water resistant, with an IP67 rating,
- One meter of water for 30 minutes at a time without a worry.
It also has no headphone jack
Highest-rated phone camera out there right now
- Pixel 2's camera a whopping 98 out of 100. That's after both the iPhone 8 Plus and Galaxy Note 8 received scores of 94 in recent days.
It has an embedded eSIM(electronic SIM card)
The Pixel 2 series will get Android R
- Google is giving the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL three years of guaranteed software updates, which means that when it launches with Android Oreo,
- It will get Android P in 2018, Android Q in 2019 and, miraculously, Android R in 2020.
It'll be available October 19, 2017
- Pixel 2 is available for pre-order today
- And will ship by October 19 in the U.S.,
- And later in October in other countries, starting at $649 for the 64GB model.
Shared Full specs Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB
- Rear camera: 12.2MP, 1.4μm pixels, Autofocus with laser and dual-pixel phase detection
- Front camera: 8MP, 1.4μm pixels, f/2.4 aperture lens, fixed focus
- Video: 1080p at 30, 60, or 120 fps on rear camera
- "Active Edge" squeezable sides
- USB-C, no wireless charging
- No headphone jack
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 18W power adapter and USB-C headphone dongle in box
Pixel 2 XL specs
- Battery: 3520mAh
- Screen: 6-inch, 2880 x 1440 pOLED, 100 percent DCI-P3 coverage, 100,000:1 contrast ratio
- Size: 6.2 x 3.0 x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 175 grams
Pixel 2 specs
- Battery: 2700mAh
- Screen: 5-inch, 1920 x 1080 AMOLED, 95 percent DCI-P3 coverage, 100,000:1 contrast ratio
- Size: 5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 143 grams