Fix WordPress posts returning 404 error
What is 404 error?
404 error happens if the website could not be found in the search engine. The technical term for this is HTTP 404 Not Found Error.
This error occur because the site might have one of the following:
- Page has been removed.
- The page has been moved but the URL was not changed properly.
- The page never existed.
- You typed a wrong URL.
Many times the Wordpress users come across issues of getting 404 error whenever they access to it. In this issue, the users can access the blog area of their Wordpress account but when they are accessing to any single post this 404 error occurs and disables the users. This issue occurs because of several reasons varying from the settings problems to the file issues of Wordpress.
So, to get perfect solutions for this issue the users should follow the troubleshooting steps that are mentioned below in this article. On the other hand, the users can also call on the WordPress helpline number and can talk with the concerned representatives of Wordpress. The users can avail the number from the official site of Wordpress and can make their calls at any time of the day.
Steps to solve the 404 errors of Wordpress!
- First of all the users of Wordpress needs to go to the settings of the program.
- Then from there, the users are required to select the permalinks option.
- Now the users need to click on the save changes button and should proceed further.
- By doing this the permalinks settings will be getting updated.
- If these steps don't solve this issue then the users should update their .htaccess file.
For doing this the users should follow these steps:
- Firstly sign in to the server by using the FTP.
- Then the users need to make modifications in the .htaccess file.
- These files are located in the place where the wp-content folder are situated.
- Then the files should be made writeable and the permissions should be changed to 666.
- After this, the users should again change it back to 660.
Plugins that can help you fixing 404 Errors in WordPresss
- Broken Link Checker
- 404 to 301
- 404 to Start
- Quick Page Post Redirect Plugin
- 404 Error Logger
- WordPress Ultimate 404 Plugin
Therefore, on the other hand, the users can also avail the WordPresss toll-free number and can get in touch with the executives to get more information on these issues and also on its solutions.