Download a Copy of Facebook data
Do you need a copy of Facebook data? Here’s the comprehensive method
Control over any social media site is the prime concern of the users and Facebook minimizes their anxiety; now users can check out all the photos, videos, friends, contact info and more stored in the server of the Facebook and can download a copy of Facebook data.
So, if you also want to have a copy of data and want to review your activities which you have performed, then go through the detailed mentioned process which is listed beneath.
Steps to download a copy of your Facebook data
- Launch your browser and go to the official website of Facebook.
- Sign-in to your account with email address and password.
- Now, click on the drop arrow, located at the top of the page and select ‘Settings’.
- Move to ‘General Account Settings’ page and at the bottom of the page, you will find a button ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’; click on it.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear with an option ‘Start My Archive’; click on it.
- And then, you will be prompted to enter the Facebook password, enter the same in the respective box and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, Facebook will start creating an Archive, but you will have to give the approval, and for the same, click on ‘Start My Archive’.
- The process will take some time and once it is completed, you will get notified via email or Facebook notification.
- Your most of the work is done; now click on ‘Download Archive’ link to download the copy of data.
- After clicking on the download link, you will be asked to enter the password, enter the same and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- The archive file will be downloaded in ZIP format and the file contains four folders and HTML link, clicking on the link will direct you to the Facebook archive and will find the complete details of your data stored in the Facebook server.
Stop Apps From Sharing Your Data
- First, visit your Facebook homepage
- Click "settings" from the top-right drop-down menu.
- Click "Apps.”
- You'll see four boxes on a screen.
- Under "Apps, Websites, Plugins," click "Edit.”
- Click "Disable platform."
This will stop you from logging in to websites using just your Facebook credentials and you may have to create new accounts or log in another way
Limit What Data Apps Can Share
- First, open your Facebook homepage
- Click "Settings" from the top-right drop-down menu.
- Click "Apps."
- You'll see a screen with four boxes.
- Under "Apps others use," click "Edit."
- De-select every button for every bit of personal information you're not comfortable sharing with data marketers.