Contact Equifax Customer Service
Financial services have an important role in our life. We all check and maintain our balances on monthly basis. Sometimes we never knew the various financial products or offers in the market which harnesses our financial growth nor does we have the time to take a note of our monthly expenditures like our debit card bills or credits bills. But there is various services financial services sector industry, one such company is “Equifax’’.
Equifax Customer Service Phone Number 1-800-203-7843
Alternative phone to call 1-888-202-4025 | 1-800-846-5279
Additional Equifax Phone Numbers
1-888-766-0008 to report fraud
1-800-685-1111 to retrieve your Equifax credit report
1-866-349-5191 to dispute your Equifax credit report
1-866-640-2273 for customer support (it is an old number and may not be available now)
Equifax is one of the major financial services providing company which primarily deals with credit ratings as well help business and individual to make more informed business and personal decision based on their technical and innovative analysis, assessment of more than 820 million consumers and 91 million businesses worldwide.
The company has a vast amount of data storage which helps the user to have access to its all its annual credit reports free. But sometimes user do faces issues regarding How to contact Equifax customer service. One can use either of services whether it's email, phone or online to contact in order to get the credit report.
Getting a Credit Report by Equifax
Step 1:- Visit annualcreditreport.com to get your free yearly report online
- Guaranteed one free credit report each year
- Under the Federal FACT (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions) Act, every U.S. consumer is entitled to one free credit report every year from Equifax
Step 2.:- Call 1-877-322-8228 to request a credit report via phone
Step 3:- Mail in the request form
- Receive your credit reports by mail, use the official request form provided by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- The form is (available here via the FTC website)
- And address the envelope to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-528
Step 4:- Don't contact Equifax directly for credit reports.: Equifax does not handle requests for credit reports directly.
Step 5:- Don't fall prey to imposter websites:-
- If you decide to request your free credit reports online, make sure you only use annualcreditreport.com.
- This is the only site that is officially verified and approved by the FTC.
What You'll Need to Request a Credit Report
Step 1:- Be prepared to provide basic personal information.
This includes, but may not be limited to, your:
- Legal name
- Current address
- You'll also need the address of your previous residence if you have moved within the last two years
Step 2:- Have your Social Security number handy(SSN). This number is unique for every U.S. citizen
Step 3:- Be ready to supply a limited amount of private financial information.
Things you may be asked about include:
- Mortgage payments
- Student loans
- Car loans
- Credit card payments
Equifax Customer Support for Personal Accounts
Step 1:- Use the FAQ to answer common questions.
Equifax can actually be answered via the official FAQ (frequently-asked questions) page
- "How does credit reporting work?"
- "How do I correct or dispute inaccuracies on my credit file?"
- "How do I get a free copy of my credit file?"
- ...and more
Step 2:- Visit Online Account Assistance for log-in help.
- If you have forgotten your username or password, you can get them back here.
- The user will need to verify some basic personal information as well as your SSN to get your log-in information back.
Step 4:- Use online resources for common tasks.
Many important functions for your account via Equifax's online infrastructure. See below for specific links:
- Dispute claims online via the online dispute form available here. You will need to have the document you want to dispute ready.
- Request a 90-day fraud alert online here.
- Place a security freeze on your account online here.
Step 4:- Contact Equifax via phone.
Equifax operates numerous different helplines for various requests and issues. See below for more information:
- Dial 1-866-640-2273 for general customer service inquiries.
- Dial 1-888-766-0008 to place a fraud alert.
- Call 1-800-685-1111 to order special reports via telephone. This number will connect you to the Equifax automated ordering system.
Step:- 5.Use P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA, 30374
Equifax will gladly respond to most inquiries by mail.
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA, 30374
Equifax Customer Support for Business Accounts
Step 1:- Visit the business FAQ page for answers to commonly-asked questions.
Equifax Business Customer Support FAQ (frequently-asked questions) page available here has links to many common customer service issues, including:
- How do I update my company information via fax? (Use 770-740-5223)
- How do I cancel my account? (Use this form)
- How do I confirm my account balance? (Call 800-685-5000)
- ...and much more.
Step 2:-Submit a web-based "Service Request" form. www.equifax.com/consumer/support/request1 via the official contact form
Step 3:- Contact Equifax Business Support via e-mail
- For general e-mail support requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the user needs support specifically for eID Verifier, Decision Power or eID Compare, InterConnect, send an e-mail to ETSupport@equifax.com.
- If you need support for Prospect Select, Equifax List Select, ReadiScreen, TPA Lite or MarketReveal, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Step 4:- Contact Equifax Business Support via phone
Different types of requests require you to call different numbers.
- To inquire about becoming an Equifax business customer, dial 1-888-202-4025.
- If you're already a business customer, contact Equifax business customer support at 1-800-685-5000.
- If you need support for Market Reveal or TPA Lite, you can also dial 1-800-865-5000.
- Contact Equifax support for eID Compare and Decision Power, InterConnect and eID Verifier, the user will dial 1-877-420-7345.
- Finally, to get Equifax Mortgage services, call 1-866-746-3780.
In case if one faces issues regarding contacting them in order to get their credit reports then, one needs to take the help of their helpline number. Their customer support team will make sure that you will guide on a proper basis and your issue gets resolved on an immediate basis. They provide both online and offline support in order to fix your concerned on an immediate basis.