connection errors in Mail for iPhone or iPad
How do I fix connection to server failed?
Other Possible Solutions
- Change the Mail Days to Sync field to No Limit.
- Reset Network settings via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Disable iCloud. Navigate back to mail account and reset the password.
- Delete the account and create it as a new account.
Why wont my emails load on my iPhone?
To make sure that your account settings are correct, compare the settings in the Mail app to the settings for your email account: Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and tap your email account. Tap your email address next to Account to see the account information, such as the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
How do I fix email error on iPhone?
How to manually configure your account
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap on the mail account that you want to check.
- Tap on the account email address.
- Tap SMTP if you think you need to switch the SMTP server.
Why is my mail not updating on iPhone?
Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords. You have to scroll down to the bottom section to locate the option of Fetch New Data and ensure that you select Push for Emails. .This will condition the iPhone to check and refresh your mail once every fifteen minutes instead of the hourly schedule on default.
How to fix being able to send, but not receive, emails on iOS:
- Access your iPhone settings.
- Tap on “Mail“ to access your mail settings.
- Tap on “Accounts“.
- Tap on the affected email account.
- Tap on the email account again on the next screen.
- Tap on “SMTP” in the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER section.
How do I get my email to automatically update on my iPhone 8?
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Accounts & Passwords. For iOS 12, navigate: Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Fetch New Data.
- Tap the Push switch to turn on or off .
- Select an account.
- Select a schedule option then tap Fetch New Data (upper-left).
- Select a frequency option:
Can send but not receive email on iPad?
The iPad can't send your mail
- Touch the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab as you did above.
- Touch the Account that is having trouble sending mail.
- Touch the tab that says SMTP under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Make sure that the primary mail server associated with the email account in question is turned On.