connection errors in Mail for iPhone or iPad
- Change the Mail Days to Sync field to No Limit.
- Reset Network settings via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Disable iCloud. Navigate back to mail account and reset the password.
- Delete the account and create it as a new account.
Why wont my emails load on my iPhone?
How do I fix email error on iPhone?
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap on the mail account that you want to check.
- Tap on the account email address.
- Tap SMTP if you think you need to switch the SMTP server.
Why is my mail not updating on iPhone?
- Access your iPhone settings.
- Tap on “Mail“ to access your mail settings.
- Tap on “Accounts“.
- Tap on the affected email account.
- Tap on the email account again on the next screen.
- Tap on “SMTP” in the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER section.
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Accounts & Passwords. For iOS 12, navigate: Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Fetch New Data.
- Tap the Push switch to turn on or off .
- Select an account.
- Select a schedule option then tap Fetch New Data (upper-left).
- Select a frequency option:
- Touch the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab as you did above.
- Touch the Account that is having trouble sending mail.
- Touch the tab that says SMTP under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Make sure that the primary mail server associated with the email account in question is turned On.