Change Your WiFi Password
WiFi is a great thing for keeping you connected to the Internet.You need to secure your WiFi network with a password otherwise you may lose your personal information.So the user is required to protect your WiFi router by changing the password regularly to save your data.If you will not secure your WiFi with a password then the unauthorized user can steal your bandwidth.
Although changing a wifi password is not a big task but there may be some user who may face some difficulty to change it.If you are not aware how may you change your wifi password then you do not need to worry about anything as you have at the right place.We are an independent service provider.We will provide you best guidance to change your wifi password without any problem.
Steps to Change Your WiFi Password
Step 1:- Open your router's configuration page.
- First of all, you are required to open your router configuration page with the help of your web browser on a computer which is connected to your network.
- If you do not know the WiFi password then you are not able to connect with WiFi so you are required to connect with Ethernet cable with your computer to router directly.
- Here you need to check standard router address.
- Now you need to enter the address into your browser address bar.
- If you face any issue then you will have to press window key and R and enter the cmd .once you see the command prompt open then you will have to enter ipconfig to know the IP address.
Step 2:- User is required to enter the router username and password
- Each and Every router required to open username and password,if you never changed your router username and password then default username is “admin” and password will be “password”.
- If you have forgot your password then click on the forgot password link or reset your password by pressing and hold the reset button.
Step 3:- Now you will have to open the wireless option
- After login to your, router you will need to find the wireless option under the configuration page.
- Here you will have to open the wireless security page.
Step 4:- After that, you need to change the password
- You will see the box named as "passphrase" or "shared key".
- Here you need to enter your new password. You have to again enter your password for confirmation.
- Make sure your password is strong and not recognized or guessed by others.
Step 5:- Find your security type
- You will see three types of encryption for wireless such as WEP ,WPA and WPA2.
- If you want more secure wireless connection then you need to select WPA2.
- You do not need to be more panic as you can switch it to WPA.
- Please do not select WEP as it is easy to break.
Step 6:- Now user is required to change network name
- You can also change your router name as it defines personally identification.
- You need to choose a different name which is not easy to find by others.
Step 7:- Finally you will have to click on the save setting option.
- After changing your setting, you need to connect your wireless router by using a new password.
If you face any issue while changing your router password then you do not need to worry about it, you are required to call on router helpline number.We provide highly experienced and certified technician who are always ready for your help.