Change Xfinity Wifi Password
A subsidiary of the Comcast Corporation is Xfinity, which was introduced in 2010. Comcast Corporation is one of the leading brands in the market and provides services in regards to consumer cable television, internet, telephone, and wireless.
Steps to Change Xfinity Wifi Password
To change Xfinity Wifi password, the Xfinity user first needs to access and use their Wireless Gateway's Admin Tool Online. To make the necessary changes in the password, the user needs to be on their in-home network and either uses the default username "admin" and the password "password" to log in or the changed username and password if that has already been changed. Then from the Admin Tool, the user needs to customize settings, which includes:
- The network settings
- WiFi network name (SSID)
- WiFi network key (password)
- Parental Controls
Then the user needs to
- Connect to the network. If no device is connected to the network, then he or she needs to use an Ethernet cable and then connect the device directly to the wireless gateway
- Open a web browser
- Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1, which is the wireless gateway's administration site. The default settings include
Password: password (case-sensitive)
- Login with the new login information and password
- Select Gateway, which is available on the left navigation menu
- Then Connection
- Then Wi-Fi
- Then under Private Wi-Fi Network, the detailed information will be displayed. The Name (SSID) of the WiFi network
- Click EDIT
- To display the Network Key, the user needs to check the box next to Show Network Password
Then on that same page, the user will be allowed to edit the WiFi network information, which includes:
- WiFi network name
- WiFi password
- Click Save Settings
Following the above-mentioned process carefully, the user will be able to change the WiFi network name and password successfully. The user can thereafter connect to WiFi devices to the available network keeping in mind the changed information in regards to the username and password. The new information is essential to reconnect all the WiFi devices to the specified network.
A Xfinity Wifi user can share their connection to any other Xfinity WiFi that too without sharing the personal WiFi name and password and it can be done by using XFINITY WiFi, just by accessing the network and then using the Admin Tool in the XFINITY My Account App. This process will help the user to sign in and then select the internet and follow the onscreen instructions to change the WiFi Settings and also Other Settings.
Then select Go to Admin Tool from the XFINITY My Account app and then select Advanced Settings and make the necessary changes by using the default username "admin" and the password "password" to log in.