Change Reset Recover Skype Password
Do you use Skype for chatting with your friends or family? Then you need a login password for that. It’s very important to secure your login password from various unwanted activities. You can change your sign in password anytime whenever you want. If you have forgotten your Skype password, then you can verify your identity and recover your Skype password with a new one. The process of password recovery and verification is very simple. In this article, you will learn about the procedure of all these things in a very simple way.
How to Change your Skype Password?
If you want to change your Skype account password into a new one, then you can easily change it within few steps given below:
- First of all, go to the official Skype website https://web.skype.com/ and then click on Sign in an icon that is available at top-right corner.
- Enter your Skype name and password into given field and then click on Sign me in a tab.
- Now scroll down and then find Your password section available on the left side.
- Click on Change password.
- Now a new page will open where you need to enter your current password and then enter a new password into given field and re-enter it to confirm.
- After that, click on Next tab to proceed to next page and then click on Save Settings tab to complete the process.
How to Reset your Forgotten Skype password?
Have you forgotten your Skype account password? Then don’t think too much about that. You need to apply the steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the official password reset page of Skype and then click on Forgot my password.
- Now enter your email address associated with Skype and then verify the captcha characters.
- Click on Submit tab.
- Now you will receive a verification code to your email ID and then open that email ID. This code consists of numbers and then you can use it for verification.
- Enter the received code into given box and then click on Next. Now it will redirect you to the password change page.
- Now enter a new password for your Skype account into the New password field and then re-enter the same password into Re-enter box.
- After that, click on Submit icon to complete the password recovery procedure.
Steps to Recover Forgotten Skype Password
- First, open the Skype login page and type your Skype Username.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- Enter your password, click on the “Forgot my password” option.
- Now you will select the appropriate reasons from the three options (given below).
1.I forgot my password
2.I know my password, but can’t sign in
3.I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Select the first option as you have forgotten your password, – “I forgot my password” and click on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you will enter the Captcha shown in the image and click on the Next button.
- Then, you will need to verify your identity by selecting any one of the options for receiving security code. The options will be like these:
I don’t have any of these
- Select the first option to receive Security Code to your registered email address.
- Select the second option to receive the security code on your phone. Then, click on the Send code button.
- If you select your phone number as the option to receive the code, you will need to enter the last four digits of your phone number in the provided field.
- In case you don’t have access to neither your email address nor your phone number, then select the third option – “I don’t have any of these” and follow the on-screen prompts to recover your account.
- Once you get the security code to your phone number or email address, enter it on the subsequent screen and click on the Next button. You will be taken to the “Reset your password” page.
- Enter your “New password” in the prompted fields and click on the Next page. You will get a message on the screen – “Your account has been recovered”.
- Simply click on the “Next” button, and you will be taken to the Skype sign-in page. Enter your username and password in the provided field to access your account.
How to Verify your Skype Identity?
The process of verifying Skype identity is very easy and simple. If you don’t know, then apply the below steps:
- First of all, go to the Skype password automation website and then enter your Skype username into given box.
- Click on Submit.
- Enter the billing details that you used to purchase Skype features. These details can be your name, country or order number.
- Now click on the generated link and then you need to update your Skype account information, email address, and password. If you are not capable to provide details, then you need to register for a new user account.