Outlook Search Not Working On Windows
How to fix: Outlook Search Problems Or Not Working On Windows
Outlook is used mostly these days. The users may sometimes face the issue of Outlook search not working on Windows
Step 1: Remove windows search features from Control Panel:
The users may wish to remove windows search features from the Control Panel. For this the users need to follow the steps stated below:
1. Open Windows Control Panel. To do this, go to:
Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
Windows 8 & 8.1:
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
- Type “control panel” and press Enter.
2. Double click to open:
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features (or “Uninstall a Program”) if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. At the left, click “Turn Windows features on or off“
4. (Click Yes to UAC warning message). From the list uncheck the “Windows Search” feature and then press Yes at the warning message.
5. Finally, click OK to confirm your decision.
6. Now you wait until Windows make all the changes to features.
7. Now Restart your computer
8. After the restart, open Outlook and let the program to reconfigure the search function. Then Close Outlook and continue to step 2.
Listed above are the ways by which the users may be able to remove windows search features from the Control Panel. In case the users get stuck, then the users may talk to the technical experts for getting the right assistance.
Step 2: Enable the windows search feature from the Control Panel:
The users may follow the steps stated below in order to enable the windows to search feature from the Control Panel. The steps are simple and easy to follow as well.
- The users may go to the windows explorer.
- Then the users may open the Control Panel, then the users may open the Program and features section and finally, the user needs to turn Windows features either on or off as per the requirement.
- Control Panel > Programs & Features > Turn Windows features on > check “windows search”
- Finally, the user is required to check “windows search” in order to get it back. At last the users need to disable the windows search. For doing this the users need to uncheck the option.
- At last the users may click ok. This will allow the users to configure the settings. The users may restart their computer. After this, the users may restart their computer. Then the users may disable Windows search. At last the users may use windows registry.
Discussed above are some of the ways by which the users may be able to enable the windows to search feature from the Control Panel. The users may take help of the technical team for getting their issues resolved and that too at any point of time. The user can contact the experts at any point in time.
Step 3: Easy steps to rebuild Windows Index:
The users may wish to rebuild Windows Index. For this, the users need to follow the steps stated below in a well-structured manner. If the steps stated below are followed in a systematic manner, then the users may be able to rebuild the windows index.
- First of all the user needs to go to the windows search index.
- Then the uses need to head back to the Control Panel. Then the users may go to the indexing options.
- The users need to click on the advanced button. For doing this, the users need to make sure that the user is on the index settings tab of the Advanced Options window.
- Thereafter under the troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options, the users need to find and click the rebuild button.
- Click OK and wait until the rebuilding is finished.
- When the Indexing is completed, close Indexing Options window and open Outlook.
By following the steps stated above, the users will be able to rebuild Windows Index in a faster and simpler manner. In case the users face any issues, then the users may talk to the technical experts for getting the right help and guidance to resolve the issue in a systematic manner.
How to Fix Outlook search is not working on Windows 10
Outlook is a most popular email client Application developed by the Microsoft Corporation. It is widely used by the users across the world in terms of sending and receiving an email to the client at any time. This webmail account is associated with the numerous features and products to manage in all respects, but sometimes it does not work as expected.
There are so many common issues occurred with the users while using Outlook email account but one of the Outlook issues is that Outlook search is not working or not search menu is not showing the proper result. If you have observed this issue suddenly on your account and don't what to do you are the best place where you can have the correct related information easily.
How to easily fix Outlook search not working in Windows 10
- Initiate a quick fix
- Change sleep-time
- Update your Office programs
- Check if the mailbox is indexed correctly
- Rebuild the MS Outlook Search Index
- Create a new Windows profile
- Fix OST/PST corruption issues
Initiate a quick fix:
- Go to the search bar and click the control panel and select programs.
- Click on Program and features and select your office client and select the change button from the top.
- Press the next button and pic Quick repair and wait while this procedure is running.
- Having done that task, try to use the Outlook search at the last.
Update your office programs:
- First of all, it must be clear that you have updated the Outlook client.
- Go to the start button and click the control button and choose its search field.
- Enter the indexing file to choose the option and click on the Advanced button.
- Go to the settings and press the resetting option to fix normally.
Check if the mailbox is indexed correctly:
- Launch internet browser and go to the Outlook sign in the page.
- Enter the correct email address and password to access and select the file.
- Go to options and select search from the left panel of the main Windows.
- Look to the right and choose indexing options and select modify and access the indexed location Windows.
- Now, you can choose to index MS Outlook completely to get a perfect result.
Rebuilding the MS Outlook Search Index:
- Log in your Outlook email account and click on file menu and go towards options and pick search as already shown above.
- Go to the indexing options and select advanced and move to the index setting.
- Go to the troubleshooting section and select the rebuild option.
- Having done the task click the on the finish button.
You can create a new Windows profile:
- At first, press Win+I hotkeys to access account entry where you have to select other people.
- Click on add someone else to this PC and press next button and select add a user without a Microsoft account.
- You can set up a new username and a password and complete the process followed by on-screen instruction.
- After finishing the task click on the done button at the end of the procedure.
If still there is an error and unable to resolve immediately contact Outlook tech support executives who are available in their office at 24 by 7 to deal with all Outlook email account issues permanently.
Some FAQ searched by outlook users are:-
- Outlook search not working windows 10
- Outlook search not working 2010
- Outlook search not working 2016
- Outlook 2010 search not working windows 10
- Outlook search not working mac
- Outlook 2013 search not working
- Outlook instant search not working
- Outlook 2007 search not working