Outlook Search Not Working
Get details to solve Microsoft Outlook search feature not working issues!!
Outlook search is a feature of Microsoft Outlook from which the users can easily search for anything on the internet. The user simply needs to open Microsoft Outlook search option and further should enter their topic that they want to search for it. Once it is entered, the user's will see results on it and then they can use the information wherever they wish to.
On the other hand, the user also faces various issues in their Outlook search that disables them in working further. The most common issue that the user face while searching for any topic is Outlook search not working problem that occurs every now and then. So, to solve this issue there is certain process that the user needs to follow correctly. The steps that are mentioned below are easy and simple to follow but the user should be careful as any wrong step will increase the issue.
Therefore, mentioned below are some of the methods to solve this particular issue:
Method 1. Check if the Search function is working in Outlook Safe Mode.
First of all the user should make a check whether Outlook search is working in the Outlook safe mode or not. If not, then the user should enable the safe mode with the use of the given steps:
- Firstly the user should select on ctrl key and they should give a double click on the Microsoft outlook shortcut menu. If this is not working then the user can also follow the below-given steps.
- Hold the windows key and R key simultaneously.
- By doing this the run command box will get opened.
- A user should then type outlook/safe in the box and further click on ok to enable it.
If this step is not solving the issue then the user can also disable the add-ins in the Outlook search and should make a check whether the issue is solved or not. So, to disable the add-ins the below-given steps need to be followed :
To disable the Add-Ins in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007:
- The user should first of all selected on the file menu and from there click on the options menu and for Outlook 2007 On the Tools menu, click Trust Center.
- Then select the add-ins option that is mentioned on the left side of the page.
- After this, the user should go to the right side of the page and should click on COM add-ins menu.
- Once done select on go.
- The user should then go to the add-in disable menu and should uncheck that particular box.
- Select on ok and quit Outlook and restart it again.
Method 2. Check Outlook Indexing Settings and Rebuild Index.
Further, the user should also check the index settings. For doing this these steps needs to be followed:
- Firstly go to the file option in the Outlook.
- From there select on options and click on search option mentioned at the left side of the Outlook page.
- Then select on indexing options menu at the right side and then check whether outlook is added in the indexing locations.
- Once checked select on advanced and click on file types.
- Users should then select and check the PST as well as the OST boxes.
- Select from index settings menu and from there select on rebuild option.
- Once the index is over the user should restart Outlook.
Method 3. Disable Outlook Indexing in Registry.
Also, the user should disable the indexing in a registry of Microsoft Outlook. For doing this follow the below given steps:
- Open Registry Editor by pressing “Windows” + “R”
- In “Open” box, type: regedit and press Enter.
- On the left side under computer tab Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Then SOFTWARE
- Windows Search
- Then, "select on preventingindexingoutlook" value option and from there change the data value to 0.
- By doing this the indexing will get disabled.
- Then, select on close registry editor and further restart the system to make it work accordingly.
Note:- If the search is still not working, then open registry again and change the PreventIndexingOutlook value data to 1
Hence, with these steps and process the user will easily solve the Outlook search option issues and further, they can continue with their work. Besides, if still, the user faces any more issues related to these steps, then they can directly get in touch with the concerned representatives of Outlook and can talk with them. The executives can be called on their phone numbers and also can be contacted via their emails and live chat services.
Fix: Outlook Search Not Working on Mac
Remaking Outlook Profile Method:
In order to remake Outlook profile, the user needs to follow the steps stated below:
- First of all the user needs to open Outlook.
- Then the users may go to Outlook and then to preferences.
- After this, the users may select the accounts section.
- Then the users may select the account that is having this issue and then selects the minus symbol.
- The users may confirm the action and then select delete option when it is asked for.
- Then the users may be got the application folder.
- The users may right click on the outlook option and then select the show package content.
- Then the users may go to contents and then select ShareSupport.
- The users may then open Outlook Profile Manager.
- Then the users may select the main profile with which the user is having trouble with and then the users may select the minus symbol in order to delete it.
- Once it is deleted, then the users may select the plus(+) symbol which is present on the bottom left corner in order to create a new profile.
- Now the users may name the profile which can be different from the main profile.
- The user may then open Outlook.
- After this, the user may go to Outlook and then to preferences.
- The users may select the plus(+) symbol on the bottom to add the account.
- At last the users may select the type of account that the users want and proceed.
Moving Message to another Account Method
- The users may open the outlook.
- Then the users may press and hold the ctrl(control) key and then the users may click on the folder from the folder list in which the user may wish to make a new folder. This newly created folder will be used as a temporary folder or the item.
- Then the users may select the new folder and then the users may name it with whatever the user wants to. After this, the user needs to press on the Enter option.
- The users may hold down the command key and then click the items that the user wants to select.
- Thereafter the users may click on the move option in the home tab.
- Then the users may select the choose folder.
- Then the users may type the destinations folder name and after doing this, the users may select the move option.
Check Spotlight Privacy Tab Method:
- The users may select the apple menu.
- Then the users may select the preferences option and then select Spotlight.
- After this, the users may click on the privacy tab
- then the users may look for the Outlook profile folder.
- In case the user's find any folder, then the users may select it and click the minus symbol on the bottom left to remove it from the privacy tab.
Fix Corrupt Spotlight Index
- The users may restart the Mac just to make to make sure that the spotlight index services are running.
- Then the users may press and hold CMD (command) key and then press space.
- The users may type the terminal and then press enter.
- After this, the users may type Type mdimport –L and then press Enter. After checking that the user does not see more than 1 Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter , the users may delete the Outlook application that they are not using.
- Once the user has done this, then the users may empty it from the Trash, restart the Mac, and then go back to step 1.
- Now type
mdimport -g “/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter” -d1 “/Users//Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/”
- Press Enter. Don’t forget to replace “” and “” with your computer’s username and Outlooks profile name
Some FAQ searched by Outlook users:-
- Outlook search not working 2013
- Outlook search not working 2010
- Outlook search not working 2007
- Outlook search not working windows 10
- Outlook search not working mac
- Outlook 2010 instant search not working
- Outlook 365 search not working
- Outlook 2013 search not showing recent emails