Outlook Cannot Connect to Gmail Account
Maybe your credentials are not getting accepted, and you are facing problem in connecting Outlook to your Gmail account. You want to fix it as early as possible. If so, you should invest some of your minutes with us. We are going to share valuable information related to your account login problem. Have you enabled the basic authentication for your Gmail account? Most probably not, and this is perhaps the fundamental reason behind your problem – Outlook Cannot Connect to Gmail. What you need to do is to configure Outlook and resolve this error.
Steps to Fix: Outlook Cannot Connect to Gmail Account
Enabled the basic authentication for your Gmail account.
- Login to your Gmail account
- Click on your account picture and press My Account.
- Under Sign-in and Security section press on a link "Apps with account access"
- Scroll down a little bit and enable this option "Allow less secure apps".
- Now Enable 2-Step Verification (confirm your mobile number using SMS or phone call).
- Now click on the "App passwords". Here you generate a new password for your Gmail connection from Outlook.
- From Select app drop-down list select "Mail and Windows computer" as a device type.
- Press on Generate button.
- Google generates a new app password for you.
- Now use this password instead of your password from the Google account when you connect to the Gmail in Outlook.
Enable POP/IMAP in Gmail
- Log into your Gmail account
- Go to the upper right corner and click on the small gear icon
- Select [Settings]
- Now you are supposed to navigate the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- It will enable you to check whether the POP is enabled or disabled
- Enable POP/IMAP in your Gmail account
- Click on [Save Changes] after you have done with it
How to connect Gmail to Outlook?
- Go to the [Start] menu
- Open [Outlook] and click on [File]
- Click on [Add Account]
- Now you will have to select [Manual Setup] or [Additional Server Types]
- Hit the [Next] icon now
- Select [POP/IMAP] in the following window
- Type your name and email address here
- Enter imap.gmail.com as incoming mail server type
- Enter smtp.gmail.com as outgoing mail server type
- Plus, fill up the login information
- In this stage, you need to click on [More Settings]
- Enter 993 as the port number for IMAP
- Click on [Ok]
Internet Messaging Access Protocol, popularly IMAP, is a unique protocol of communication between the mail server and the e-mail client. Its activation will instantly turn to Outlook and appear on the webmail. This facility is not available for the Post Office Protocol, POP3. Please get in touch with the experts of Gmail technical support who are driven by rich experience and have been assisting the users without getting annoyed. They won’t be disappointing you if you dial the technical support number for availing any help.
Searches related to Outlook Cannot Connect to Gmail account
- Gmail keeps asking for a password in outlook
- Gmail not working with outlook
- Outlook can't connect to Gmail
- Gmail outlook settings
- Outlook won't connect to Gmail
- Setup Gmail in outlook
- Can't connect Gmail to outlook