How to Chat in Gmail
Do you use Gmail account to send and receive emails? But it’s very difficult to give response all the emails. But Gmail’s built-in chat feature will allow giving an answer to all your contacts. There are three kinds of ways to chat in Gmail such as text, phone, and video.
3 ways to Chat in Gmail
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account by using your login credentials.
- Now tap on Chat icon that is available on the left side and then check the contacts tab for people that you want to contact.
- Tap on the contact name you want to chat and then a new box will appear where you will need to enter your message.
- After typing your message, press the Enter.
- Continue reading and responding to messages.
- Change your online status if you don't want messages.
- Try inviting new people to chat.
Phone or Voice Chat
- Click on phone icon that is available on the top side of your contacts list and then a phone dial pad box will open.
- For calling, you need to install Google Voice plugin on your computer.
- After that, enter the number you want to dial and then click on Dial tab to make a call.
- First of all, click on camera button that is present at the top of the contact box and it will open a new video chat window.
- Now you will see lots of options to invite people for video chat and then click on the Invite tab to confirm the invitations that you invited.
- Make sure that, your computer has installed the video chat plugin. If it doesn’t have, then click on Install voice and video chat tab to install.
- Click on Join if you are ready to chat and this tan can be finding on the bottom side.
Get it? You can easily enjoy these three awesome features of Gmail chat and get in touch with your contacts.