Change and Reset a Lost Hotmail Password
Hotmail is very popular and millions of EMail service users have their EMail account on Hotmail. Along with Email services, Hotmail provides the inbuilt features in Email like news, videos, calendar, contacts etc.
If you have account on Hotmail and need to reset the password of your Hotmail account due to any of the reasons for someone has hacked into your account and changed your password or you are opening it after many days and so, forgot the password or just for security reasons you want to change or reset your password, go through following steps to reset your password:
Change Hotmail Password
- Enter your current password.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Click on Next.
Reset Hotmail Password on Mobile:
- Tap on Outlook app.
- Enter now your EMail address in the text field that is in the middle of the page.
- After entering your EMail address, you need to tap “ Add Account”. This directs you to the Password Entry page.
- You will get “Forgot My Password” link; it is near the bottom of the screen.
- On the next page, check the “I forgot my password” link.It is near the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the code that is needed to verify that you are a human.When you enter the code, make sure that you are entering the letters in accordance with their respective cases as a code is case sensitive.
- Tap Next.
- On the next page, you will see an “Account Recovery Option”, tap either EMail or Text on this page.
- If you had set either phone number or EMail account, then, click on the option that you had set during account creation.
- You will get a verification code on the phone number that you had set, enter it to reset your password.
- If you had set a recovery EMail account, then, you will get a link to reset your password on this account.
- If you had not set either of recovery EMail or recovery phone number, then, tap on “I don’t have any of these”, tap Next.
- On next page, enter a backup EMail ID.
- You will be sent a link to reset your password.
- Enter the new password.
- Log out and log in again with a new password.
Reset Hotmail Password on Desktop:
- Open the password reset page https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
- Check the "I forgot my password" box.
- Then, click on Next.
- On next page, enter your recovery EMail address, this is an alternate EMail address that you had set during account creation.
- A code will be sent to your EMail ID from Microsoft account team.
- Enter the recovery code in the space provided on the recovery page of Hotmail. This directs you to the password reset page.
- On the password reset page, type new password into the “New Password” and “Re-enter Password” fields and then, click Next.
- By clicking Next, you will be directed to the Sign-in page.
The above-mentioned methods will help you to recover your Hotmail account.